We work with the best, whoever they may be. We nurture and we challenge. That’s why we’re a
Broadcast Best Places to Work 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022.
BRENTFORD FC X WHISPER
– CONTENT ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP
Brentford Football Club is a Premier League football club based in the London Borough of Hounslow. The Club was founded in 1889 and has been through a period of great change in the past year. Brentford moved to a new, 17,250-seater stadium with outstanding facilities for fans, broadcasters, corporate guests, and the community in the summer of 2020, having previously played at their historic Griffin Park home for 116 years.
At the end of the first season in the new stadium, Brentford won promotion to the Premier League. The Club’s first season in the top flight of English football since 1947 will start in August 2021. Promotion and a move to a new stadium are parts of a longer-term vision that aims to see Brentford FC sustain top level football on the field and ensure that the Club is sustainably run off the field.
Situated next to the M4, the new Brentford Stadium is at the centre of the Brentford East redevelopment scheme, which includes the construction of more than 900 new homes, a new purpose-built location for Brentford FC Community Sports Trust, and a public square with shops and cafés. Brentford FC plays a very active role in its local community.
The Club is a four-time winner of the EFL Community Club of the Year Award and is the only professional football club in the UK with a Business in the Community and Community Mark Award. In total, Brentford FC Community Sports Trust delivers more than £13 million of social benefit to the West London area.
Whisper is a leading global production company, specialising in high-end sports production, unscripted entertainment, branded content and factual television.
The company is a six-times Broadcast Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023) and this is an exciting opportunity to join the team.
This post would suit somebody with a passion for sport, who can match that with a developing skillset across creative, technical and editorial, and a willingness to develop within the role.
The Role of the Content Assistant Intern
The Content Assistant Intern will report to the Head of Content at Brentford and the Creative Digital Lead at Whisper. Your role is to be the part of the awesome content teams at Brentford and Whisper working behind the scenes to create, tweak, and unleash a variety of captivating content – think videos, written gems, audio delights, and eye-catching visuals. If you’re excited about diving into the world of editing, filming, scriptwriting, and production, this internship is for you.
Main Accountabilities (Brentford)
- Support with filming training sessions along with filming content with the first team, B team and potentially the academy for a variety of platforms
- Film first team, B team and potentially academy matches.
- Create edits and compilations of matches for social media platforms
- Archive and label footage on SD Cards after each match and upload full games to club website
- Research and suggest new content ideas and potential collaborations
- Work alongside and collaboratively with other departments at the football club to deliver campaigns
Main Accountabilities (Whisper)
- Research features to be produced according to the upcoming content schedule
- Help shoot Behind the scenes and third camera on selected shoots
- Create rough edits to be finished by editor for digital projects
- Create simple compilation edits
- Live clipping content from sporting events
- Managing and preparing rushes for edits
- Research and suggest new content ideas for various projects
- Assisting in general production across our digital projects
- To ensure compliance with all relevant policies, including health and safety policies and with specific reference to the data regulations (GDPR and PECR)
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements related to safeguarding, and to ensure safeguarding processes are followed in the event of any safeguarding concerns.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Brentford FC and Whisper
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding Brentford FC, Whisper and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
Key Internal Relationships
- Campaigns and Promotions
- Football Department
Person Specification – Essential Personal Characteristics
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in a TV & Digital Production environment
- Knowledge of digital and social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Twitter)
- Ability to think creatively and to clearly communicate ideas and concepts, take on-board critique, and deliver improved content after feedback
- Demonstrate the potential to create engaging, entertaining, and original content
- High levels of attention to detail & an eye for visuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Can manage a heavy workload with strict deadlines on location and in an office environment
- Flexible and willing to take on ad-hoc tasks
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- To promote equality and diversity in the team and on-screen
Person Specification – Desirable Characteristics
- Interest in learning basic shooting skills via Sony F5 plus using basic lighting kit, sound and using Adobe Creative suite apps; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop in particular
- Passionate and knowledgeable about football & sport
- Experience with basic shooting via Sony F5 including basic lighting kit and basic sound
Reporting: Head of Content – Brentford / Creative Digital Lead – Whisper
Location: Brentford – 27 Great West Road / Whisper – South Avenue Studios
Duration: 6 Months with BFC / 6 Months with Whisper, Kew
Closing Date: Friday 22nd September 2023
How to apply: Upload your CV and complete the application questions, https://thewhispergroup.bamboohr.com/careers/82