We work with the best, whoever they may be. We nurture and we challenge. That’s why we’re a
Broadcast Best Places to Work 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022.
Whisper is a leading global production company, specialising in high-end sports production, unscripted entertainment, branded content and factual television. The company is a six-times Broadcast Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023) and this is an exciting opportunity to join the team.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to work on new business proposals and production planning for new projects. The post would suit someone who has a strong background in budget writing and experience of working across a variety of genres including Sport. A proven track record of building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders is crucial.
Whisper is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- Providing direct support to the Production Executives and Head of Production on new business. Assisting with the communication of key production information to Producers, the editorial team and the wider Production Management team
- Writing budgets, often in a quick turnaround environment and knowledge of costs & currencies both in the UK & international locations
- Forward planning productions including booking crews, travel arrangements & access requirements in the UK & international locations
- Planning and organising OB’s
- Understanding and distributing accurate client requirements to ensure that all deliverables and rushes are completed in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the brief
- Provide management support to the Production management team including managing workloads; maintaining cost managers; managing rotas and ensuring contracts are issued as and when necessary
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity in the team and adhering to Health and Safety and GDPR policies
Skills & Experience:
- An experienced Production Manager, with at least three PM credits
- Experience of working in Sport is desirable, as well as working in a mixture of other genres including Live
- The ability to budget & schedule complex productions and interpret the editorial vision with the Producers and provide viable options
- Creating and managing production schedules through all stages
- You must have a strong background in booking last minute crews in multiple locations
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment
- Proven leadership skills including line managing team members which include a JPM, PC and PTA’s as well as a strong team ethic
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- You will have good prior knowledge of rights & music clearance; post production paperwork & archive clearance.
- Technical knowledge; camera kit / uploading of rushes / ability to work in live environment & on location
- A proactive attitude to work and promoting a positive work ethic in the team with the ability to advocate for the team and drive the shoot schedule
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
Working Days: This role will require a degree of flexibility and weekend working. You will be expected to work with the team to plan a schedule based on production requirement. Lieu days will be given for any days worked over a five-day week. Whisper offer the option of flexitime hours subject to production requirements.
Location: Kew, London. We would consider a flexible approach for the right candidate working from one of our other UK offices (Cardiff or Salford).
Contract length: 6 month FTC
Salary: Based on experience
Application Closing: Tuesday 6th June
How to apply: Please send your CV and tell us in your own way why you are the right candidate for this role by applying at, https://thewhispergroup.bamboohr.com/careers/54