We work with the best, whoever they may be. We nurture and we challenge. That’s why we’re a
Broadcast Best Places to Work 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022.
Whisper is a leading global production company, specialising in high-end sports production, unscripted entertainment, branded content and factual television. The company is a six-times Broadcast Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023) and this is an exciting opportunity to join the team. Whisper is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds including the disabled community.
We are on the lookout for a seasoned Talent Manager to synergise with our Production, Editorial, and People Team. The role entails identifying and procuring production talent that matches our specific requirements in skill, experience, and availability, aligning with production timelines and strategic objectives.
- Forge robust partnerships with hiring managers within the Whisper Group, including joint ventures.
- Develop and execute a talent acquisition strategy that secures the most innovative and suitable candidates for various teams, projects, and productions.
- Manage the allocation of existing talent, while also sourcing new talent that aligns with production requirements in terms of availability, skill set, experience, and timely engagement.
- Facilitate seamless and efficient transitions of staff across multiple productions, ensuring continuity and coherence.
- Collaborate with the Head of People to attract a diverse range of new talent and devise a pioneering recruitment strategy that bolsters Whisper’s competitive position in the talent market.
- Aid the People Team in managing a precise record of staff movements and changes within the group, contributing to an up-to-date and transparent staffing plan.
- Work in concert with the People Team to uphold and enhance procedures for staff onboarding, managing leave, and addressing training and development needs, ensuring these processes remain current and effective.
- Partner with the People Team to foster talent development goals and to certify that staff progress aligns with these objectives.
- Support the People Team in guaranteeing that all aspects of recruitment and talent management are reflective of, and consistent with, Whisper’s core values and policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Significant experience in a Talent or Production Management role within the Broadcast and Digital production sector, evidenced by multiple TV credits in sports, unscripted content, and documentary genres.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and securing top-tier talent, coupled with agility in adapting to the dynamic nature of fast-paced production settings.
- Competency and seasoned expertise in interpreting production schedules to strategically staff projects with the most qualified production personnel.
- Resilience in high-pressure situations, maintaining poise and efficiency under tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership capabilities with a history of effectively managing teams and individual staff members, fostering professional growth and a collaborative atmosphere.
- Exceptional organisational skills and adeptness in time management, ensuring smooth operation and timely completion of projects.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, capable of building solid relationships and conveying complex information clearly.
- Experience in contract negotiation, with a proven track record of successfully concluding agreements beneficial to both talent and the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of the Whisper Group’s project line-up, which informs a comprehensive understanding of staffing skill requirements across all levels.
- A proactive approach to work, consistently driving a culture of excellence and positive work ethics within the team.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication, with the capacity to articulate ideas effectively and draft meticulous documentation.
- Autonomy in task management, paired with a collaborative spirit when working within cross-functional teams.
Location: The main base will be Kew office, but you may be required to work in other Whisper locations at times.
Working Days: Working hours are 40 hours a week (Monday – Friday).
Start/End: January 2024 for a twelve-month period.
Salary: Based on experience
Closing date: Tuesday 28th November 2023
How to apply: Please upload§ your CV and tell us in your own way why you are the right candidate for this role, https://thewhispergroup.bamboohr.com/careers/91